OptSim Circuit provides an ideal platform for modeling optical systems and PICs that operate with coupling and feedback of different optical and electrical signal paths. The graphical user interface (GUI) stored with our award-winning OptSim tool offers a more natural user experience to test and optimize performance of PICs at the system level.
Foundry PDK-based schematic in OptSim Circuit to generation of mask for fabrication
OptSim Circuit comes with a rich library of PIC elements including, but not limited to, bidirectional waveguides, bidirectional couplers and connectors, modulators, optical sources (lasers and VCSEL), and photodiodes (PIN and APD). Measurement and plotting tools are supplied, such as optical and electrical scopes, signal, spectrum and eye diagram analyzers, Q-factor and BER estimators, power meters, etc. OptSim Circuit’s intuitive representation of repeating and hierarchical elements provides brevity and efficiency to the layouts. For example, you can create custom components and organize and reuse them in the PIC layout.
Estimating performance bounds in OptSim Circuit due to wafer-to-wafer (WTW) and run-to-run (RTR) foundry process variations
OptSim Circuit takes into account bidirectional propagation of both optical and electrical signals. This makes it possible to model complex signal interactions such as reflections and resonance in PICs that otherwise are impossible to model in conventional systems modeling tools.
OptSim Circuit’s extensive documentation includes an installation guide, user guide, models reference guide and application notes. The product also includes a number of pre-supplied PIC layouts such as single- and multi-stage micro-ring resonators, a micro-ring modulator, a gratings-based optical notch filter, and more.
- Offers a comprehensive pathway to PIC ecosystems, starting from the development of concepts to foundry PDK-based schematics, and leading to the creation of masks ready for fabrication
- Provides a unified platform to evaluate and optimize the impact of PIC performance on the overall system when used with the OptSim tool
- Delivers powerful options for design setup, data visualization, plotting and management of project resources
- Single- and multi-stage Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs)
- Silicon photonics
- Transceivers for coherent and non-coherent fiber optic communication systems
- Photonic systems with multipath interference (MPI), reflections and resonances
- Ring resonators, ring modulators, traveling-wave Mach-Zehnder modulators (TW-MZM), optical filters
- Photonic sensor circuits
- Extends OptSim’s system modeling capabilities to include PICs
- Models bidirectional propagation for both optical and electrical signals
- Models forward and backward propagating reflections and resonance
- Models single- and multi-stage bidirectional PICs
- Models multipath Interference (MPI) from network and PIC elements
- Includes library of PIC elements such as bidirectional waveguides, bidirectional couplers and connectors, light sources, modulators and photo diodes
- Includes a library of PDK elements for the commercial IMEC foundry
- Supports mask layout via an interface to Luceda IPKISS
- Supports reusable user-defined components and compound components
- Offers flexibility to create custom models using MATLAB cosimulations
- Provides a number of options for exporting data and for co-simulation with external tools
- Provides an intuitive graphical user interface
- Comes with powerful options for data visualization, plotting and management of project resources